AI-fragile 『愛フラジャイル』 had two majors sources of inspiration;
- A passage from the book “Il pensiero giapponese classico” by Massimo Raveri, ISBN 9788806165871, when the author makes use of Ai『愛』 in 『愛欲』, aiyoku, as “an eternal thirst for life”[^1].
- The book “Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder” by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, ISBN 9780425284629[^2].
[^2]: The seeds of this track were actually some personal reflections on antifragility.
Ai is also a feminine Japanese given name, and of course, a reference to Artificial Intelligence. The old manga Video Girl Ai couples nicely the two concepts.
AI-fragile 『愛フラジャイル』 is made of three parts:
- The first part is for contrabass and percussions. I called it “愛”, “Ai”
- The second part is “フラジャイル”, i.e. “fragile”. It is played by tubular bells, African percussions, double bass and piano.
- The third part, AI-fragile 『愛フラジャイル』, is for Taiko drums, koto, celsta, melodic tom, drums, and pizzicato strings.
Confucius said: – Elevate yourselves with odes, strengthen yourselves with rituals, complete yourself with music. (Confucius, Lun Yü (The Analects), Book 4, Chapter VIII T'Ai-Po, 192)
] (Picture by Unknown – This file has been extracted from another file: Ancientchineseinstrumentalists.jpg, Public Domain).
A man who is not charitable, what will he make out of music? (Confucius, Lun Yü (The Analects), Book 2, Chapter III Pa I, 43)
When he was in the kingdom of Ch'i, Confucius heard shao music: for three months [while studying it, he was so absorbed that] he did not perceive the taste of meat. “I never imagined,” he said, “that the music would go that far.” (Confucius, Lun Yü (The Analects), Book 4, Chapter VII Shu Êrh, 160)
AI-fragile 『愛フラジャイル』 is © 2020 Eidon (Eidon@tutanota.com). All rights reserved. desrever sgnorw llA